Sunday, August 1, 2010

Leatherworking

We got one vote on leatherworking so I will cover that also.

I use my leather worker to craft leg enchants and armor packs, both of these you can make some good money of especially if you convert borean leather to arctic fur instead of buying the arctic fur this will reduce your cost with a lot.

Try to keep 20 of each kind of leg armor in my inventory rebuilding some when stock decrease under 20.

And I always list 5 of each at the auction house.
Some days Icescale Leg Armor sell well, some days its Frosthide Leg Armor or Jormungar Leg Armor.
I just have to list each kind of leg armor to be sure to be at the right place on the right day.

But I have to consider some factors.
- difficulty to stock up ingredients
- stock size of each ingredient considering the difficulty to stock them up
- selling rate of each kind of leg armor
- selling price of each kind of leg armor
- purchase price of each ingredient considering the leg armor selling price
- hardness of competition on each kind of leg armor
For an example ingredients for Icescale Leg Armor are easy to find and low priced
and there is enough demand on them
but there is a very hard competition on it and selling prices are low
where as ingredient prices are not so low

For Jormungar Leg Armor and Earthen Leg Armor there is not a big demand
and jormungar scales are hard to find

I found that demand for Frosthide Leg Armor is good enough, ingredient not so hard to find
and selling price high enough

Another way to make money with cross professions and leather working is making nightscape head bands, a post taken from 20k leveling

I'm not sure if this is just on my server but I like to think it would be useful most places. [wow]Nightscape Headband[/wow] is an item that can be made from 5 Thick Leather and 2 Silken Thread, which disenchants (with only 125 Enchanting skill, something a level 10 alt can obtain) into 1-5 Vision Dust 75% of the time, 1-2 Lesser Nether Essence 20% of the time, and a Small Radiant Shard 5% of the time. (According to WoWhead) I can very regularly find stacks of Thick Leather on my server for 5g or less. That means it costs me 1.35g (if you don't have any rep with the person you buy the thread from) to make each headband. Currently on my server Vision Dust is hovering around or slightly above 1g each, and if it isn't it doesn't take long for it to go up to that. Lesser Nether Essence was going for 3.69g tonight (with my auctioneer showing it at 100%) and Small Radiant Shards were just below 9g. It doesn't take a genius to see how this can add up real quickly. In my experience you usually get more like 3-4 Vision Dust from each one on average, unless you get one of the more expensive mats.

So without doing math I don't feel like doing right now, that translates into something like 2-3g profit from each headband. 200-300% Profit! Umm...yes please? Sure it's not huge money, and it will take a lot of Thick Leather for it to add up, but I just check thick leather prices often, and ever time I see some stacks below 5g I buy them up, make the headbands, DE them, and sell the mats. (Although I usually try not to flood them all at once depending on how many I make.)

You can also make some cash out of getting the icc patterns or the toc patterns, the crafting them and selling them on the auction house, thought this can take some time and effort to get the patterns when you got them you will not regret it.

That's about it for leatherworking.

No comments:

Post a Comment